The following benefits are included in your CARHA Hockey Membership.
Included in your CARHA Hockey Referee Membership is $10 Million Liability Insurance and Sport Accident Coverage (in association with Lawrie Insurance Group).
National Referee Registry
Promote your services nationwide - access the registry through our Quick Finder.
Apply for the opportunity to officiate at CARHA Hockey's Provincial Tournaments.
CARHA Hockey Official Rule Book
A CARHA Hockey Official Rule Book is provided every year. (Android users may need to download the Adobe Reader app on their phone to use interactive features)
CARHA Hockey Official Crest
A CARHA Hockey Official Crest is provided every two years (upon request).
Our referee insurance provides you with the following benefits:
- $10 Million Liability Insurance with Certificate of Insurance
- Sport Accident Insurance including dental, ambulance, physiotherapy, chiropractor, athletic therapist, prescription drugs, etc.
- Priced at just $25 per referee
- Up to $2,000 in dental coverage
Any individual that CARHA Hockey recognizes as a registered member in good standing has coverage when involved in a CARHA Hockey approved event. An approved CARHA Hockey event/activity takes place at the direction and with the approval of the CARHA Hockey.
To see our Insurance Chart, please click here (policy effective September 30, 2023).
Referee Training Modules
In less than 20 minutes, you become part of an exclusive group of referees who have separated themselves from the rest by completing CARHA Hockey’s referee modules. These interactive modules are a training resource that provides you with the basic to advanced skills, tools, and knowledge required to navigate the referee world. CARHA Hockey leagues and tournaments prefer using the service of referees who have taken CARHA Hockey’s referee module training.
To access these modules, your username and password are required. Contact Kailey Sauve by phone at 1-800-267-1854 or email us for your username and password, or for more information on these valuable referee modules.
Forms and Resources
- Referee Association Registration Form (Winter)
- Independent Referee Registration Form (Winter)
- League Referee Registration Form
- Information Booklet for Referee Association Organizers
- Information Booklet for Independent Referees
- Frequently Asked Referee Questions
- Notify CARHA Hockey of Suspensions
- Ask us a Question!